Join Our Team
This position is an opportunity to join a nationally recognized, yet locally rooted, 50-year-old firm with a dynamic history, a commitment to service excellence and philanthropy.
The primary focus of this role will be the management and cultivation of existing investor relationships within Fenimore Asset Management (Fenimore’s) Private Client Services. The ideal candidate will provide a high level of service to investors while executing on and communicating Fenimore’s unique investment philosophy. They will collaborate across teams within the firm such as Research, Shareholder Services, Sales and Marketing.
I. Relationship Management –
- Manage and oversee a book of existing investor relationships
- Conduct in-person and/or conference call annual investment reviews for each investor
- Maintain a high investor retention rate by providing a superior level of service
- Strong working knowledge of each investors financial situation and needs while building trust and confidence
- Serve as backup to fellow Relationship Managers in the case of absence
- Enhance industry knowledge by participating in professional trainings and/or certifications
II. Portfolio Management –
- Ensure client portfolios are closely aligned with respective model portfolio guided by the investors’ long-term investment goals
- Continually monitor trade allocations for client accounts in-line with respective model portfolio
- Monitor cash, cash flow needs, weightings of portfolio positions, industry group weightings, and overall portfolio structure
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all investments in portfolios
- Maintain high-level of proficiency and keep up to date on portfolio holdings, economic environment, and the financial services industry
- Implement portfolio changes as directed by research team in a timely and consistent manner to reduce dispersion and variance amongst portfolios
III. Other Responsibilities –
- Assist in resolution of operational issues regarding portfolios under management;
- Cultivate investor referrals and expand existing investor relationships
- Maintain and develop Centers of Influence (COIs) in the community (attorneys, accountants, etc.)
- Assist sales team in business development and maintain an active sales pipeline;
- Actively participate in team meetings and firm-wide activities/events
- Participate in regional and civic events (at times outside of normal business hours)
- Ability to travel to meet investors at their home/office (primarily regional)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably in Finance) with a minimum of 7 years of financial services industry experience
- Strong competency in general financial planning with a high skill level specifically in retirement planning
- Intimate knowledge of the various types of investment accounts (ex: Individual, TOD’s, IRA’s, Roth IRA’s, SIMPLE IRA’s and SEP IRA’s);
- Motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail and take ownership for the accuracy of every deliverable
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- SIE, Series 7 & 66 licenses (or an ability to obtain within 6 months of employment)
Fenimore Asset Management is dedicated to helping investors preserve their wealth and grow it over the long term. Decades have passed, but Fenimore’s mission endures:
- Serve with total integrity
- Provide superior return and profit
- Commit to excellence
- Be a friend
This position will be based at Fenimore’s headquarters in Cobleskill, NY with some ability to work from Fenimore’s satellite office in Albany on occasion.
This position will not include supervisory responsibilities.
The base pay range for this role is $100,000 to $125,000 annually. This role is also eligible for a bonus and the Fenimore Profit Sharing retirement plan.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by associate within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the associate(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Fenimore’s business operations.
Employment at Fenimore is at-will, which means that either the associate or Fenimore may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
To apply for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org